MAKE IT @ THE LIBRARY (1 – 2:30pm or 5:30 – 7:30pm)
The library will be offering craft and activity workshop for adults and those ages 11+. Crafts vary in length of completion, but you are welcome to drop anytime during the time slots. Space is very limited. Registration is required and opens 6 weeks prior to each date. Please visit the Adult Reference Desk, call the library at (262) 253-7760 or register using the links below.
- Mon, Jan 13: Wooden Snowmen (register here for 1pm or here for 5:30pm)
- Wed, Feb 5: Ribbon Wreaths (register here for 1pm or here for 5:30pm)
- Wed, Mar 11: Button Art (register here for 1pm or here for 5:30pm)
- Tues, April 21: Recycled Book Art (register here for 1pm or here for 5:30pm)
TECH TALKS (Tuesdays @ 2:00 p.m.)
Join us for informational sessions on using library resources and databases. Each month we will focus on 1-2 different topics. Registration is required. Please call or visit the library to sign-up.
- January 14: Cut the Cable (register here)
- February 11: E-readers (register here)
- March 10: Census 2020 (register here)
- April 14: Genealogy Resources at the Library (register here)
FRIDAY FILM CLUB ( Fridays @ 10am)
Join us for coffee and donuts as we enjoy a series of classic screwball comedies!
- January 10: It Happened One Night
- February 14: My Man Godfrey
- March 6: If You Could Only Cook
- April 10: The Lady Eve
YOUR HEALTHY BODY (Thursdays @ 11am)
Join us for a series of presentations from the staff at Health in Balance.
- January 30: Balance & Vertigo
- February 6: Balance for the Active Adult
- February 13: Active & Dynamic Stretching
- February 20: Flexibility Workouts
- February 27: Arthritis & Anti-Inflammatory Foods
FINANCIAL SEMINARS (Select Dates @ 3pm)
A series of presenations from the staff at Edward Jones Investments. Registration recommended by calling (262) 253-7760 or clicking on the links below.
- Wed, January 15: Simplify Spending & Savings (register here)
- Tues, February 25: Foundations of Investing (register here)
- Mon, Mar 9: An Investor’s Tour of Mutual Funds (register here)
- Thurs, Apr 2: Ready or Not? Preparing for the Unexpected (register here)
ADULT BOOK GROUPS
The Germantown Community Library offers a wide variety of book groups. Join us for some interesting reading and lively conversation. No registration is required. All are welcome! Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate provided by the Friends of the Germantown Community Library at all groups meeting at the library! Visit our website to learn more about each group.
Copies of the selected books are available at the Circulation Desk. Please bring your library card or photo ID to check out a copy.
TECH SUPPORT CONSULTATIONS (Tuesdays @ 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.)
The library will be hosting technical support consultations from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of the month. Please register by stopping by the Reference Desk calling the library at (262) 253-7760 or emailing William at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the topic of your question so we can be prepared with instructions. Can’t make the scheduled times? Let us know and we can work to find a time that meets your scheduling needs.
Some examples of questions include using library databases, downloading eBooks or eAudiobooks through Overdrive/Libby or RB Digital, using a tablet, setting up an email account, research assistance, genealogy research, signing up for Gale Courses, and printing.
- January 7 & 21, February 4 & 18, March 3 & 17, April 7 & 21.