ABOUT THE FRIENDS
The Friends of the Germantown Community Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization funded solely through membership dues, fund-raising activities, and donations. The Friends members/volunteers have provided support, advocacy, and funds to the library since 1969 for activities and projects not covered by its operating budget. The group has paid for programs of all ages and purchased items to enhance the library experience.
Members are encouraged to attend meetings at the library at 10:00 am on the 4th Monday of each month, September through May. Your ideas and suggestions are welcome. However, if you are unable to attend, you can provide support by attending its fund-raising events, or make a tax-deductible donation, or donate gently-used items for our sales (refer to guidelines, below).
To learn more about the Friends and its upcoming events:
- Become a member. Download the membership form here or stop at the library to obtain one.
- “Like” them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/fgclwi to learn about current book and gift basket sales.
- View their brochure.
- Visit their website at www.germantownlibraryfriends.org
- Have questions? Send an email message to: email@example.com
FRIENDS ONGOING BOOK SALE
The Friends Ongoing Books Sale is in the corner of the library to the left of the Circulation Desk. Most books and materials put out for sale will cost $1 per item, unless priced otherwise. Items are restocked weekly.
FRIENDS POP-UP SALES
These are themed sales (Adult Fiction, Youth/Young Adult, Non-fiction, etc.). Pop-up sales are in the main aisle of the library.
HOLIDAY BOOK & BASKET SALE
This sale features unique book-themed baskets for people of all ages, as well as like-new fiction and nonfiction, vintage, autographed, special interest, and Christmas books. Items are displayed from mid-November through December in the main aisle and near the Information Desk.
DONATIONS ARE WELCOME
Donations of new and used books, DVDs and music CDs are accepted throughout the year. These items are evaluated by library staff for the library’s collection and then given to the Friends of the Germantown Community Library for their sales.
- Drop off your gently-used items at the library’s front desk. For a large donation, talk with the library staff before bringing it inside.
- Donation receipts for tax purposes are available upon request.
- Please do not donate damaged, moldy, or smelly items; we are unable to sell those. Consider recycling them instead.
- We do not accept: cassette tapes, encyclopedias, magazines, records, software, text books, or VHS tapes.