The following policies have been approved by the Germantown Community Library Board:
- ByLaws – updated 8/25/2021
- Circulation Policy – updated 2/22/2023
- Code of Conduct Policy – updated 3/22/2023
- Collection and Program Management Policy – updated 5/24/23
- Computer Internet Use Policy – updated 4/26/2023
- Display, Exhibit and Posting Policy – updated 9/28/2022
- Emergency Closing Policy – updated 4/28/2021
- Exam Proctoring Policy – updated 6/23/2021
- Gifts Policy – updated 5/26/2021
- Meeting Room Policy – updated 3/22/2023
- Personnel Policy – updated 6/28/23
- Study Room Policy – updated 3/22/2023
Library Card Registration
Individuals wishing to check out materials from the Germantown Community Library must have a valid public library card from a library within the Monarch Library System (libraries in Washington, Dodge, Sheboygan & Ozaukee counties). Any patron will be eligible to obtain a Germantown Community Library card and will be subject to all policies and
procedures outlined in the Circulation Policy. Patrons may hold only one valid library card from the libraries participating in the Monarch
System. Children under 18 who wish to register for a library card must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Adults (age 18 and over) and custodial parents of minors are required to present some form of photo identification indicating their current address when applying for a new library card.
Individuals may apply for a library card online through the Monarch Catalog. Instant access will be given to allow patrons to place holds and access digital material through Overdrive/Libby and Hoopla. Patrons will have 28 days to pick up their physical card which will allow them to checkout physical material and access all of our digital material & databases.
Material Loans, Limits & Fines
Materials may be checked out for:
- 4 weeks (Fiction & Non-Fiction Books; Audiobooks)
- 2 weeks (New Adult Fiction books; Non-fiction & TV series DVDs/Blu-rays; Video Games; Music CDs; Magazines; Library of Things)
- 1 week (Feature Film DVDs/Blu-rays/Hot Spots)
- 3 days (Adventure Passes)
Item limits for materials include:
- 100 Books
- 25 Music CDs, Magazines & Audiobooks (of each media)
- 10 DVDs/Blu-rays (total)
- 5 DVDs/Blu-rays (new, total), Video Games, & Library of Things
Overdue fines are charged on materials that are not returned on time. All juvenile and young adult materials are fine free. The fine rate is $ .10 per item per day for all other material. At no time shall the amount of the fine exceed $5.00. Library of Things items may incur higher individual and maximum fines. Fines are accumulated on scheduled days of operation.