Patrons are required to have a library card in order to check out materials at the Germantown Community Library which is a member of the Monarch Library System. A patron may only have one library card within the Monarch Library System.
There is no cost to receive an initial library card. The cost to replace a lost card is $3.00.
As a card holder you are responsible for all items checked out on your card.
GCL Circulation Policy provides additional details regarding library cards and borrowing privileges.
How to apply:
- Come into the library to fill out an application.
- Show a valid Wisconsin ID or driver’s license with your current address. Or a valid ID and a bill or checkbook with your current address.
- Children under 18 applying for a card must be accompanied by a custodial parent or guardian.
With a valid card you can checkout items from:
- The Washington County libraries at Germantown, Hartford, Kewaskum, Slinger and West Bend.
- The Monarch Library System group of libraries that includes Dodge, Ozaukee, Sheboygan and Washington counties.
- WISCAT (Wisconsin Resource Sharing Catalog) interlibrary loan.
- Digital materials through the Wisconsin Digital Library, Libby, and Hoopla.