The Summer Reading Challenge will begin Monday, June 7th 2021 for all ages through the Beanstack app with new Badge Books for kids! Stay tuned for more information!
Beanstack/Reading Program FAQ’s:
What is Beanstack?
- Beanstack is a way to participate in your library’s reading program online. With Beanstack, you can track the books or minutes you read, write reviews and more.
How do I access Beanstack?
Through the Germantown Library Website Link:
- Click the blue link above that says, “Beanstack Login/Sign-up”
- Click ‘Register an Individual or Family’
- Click ‘I am Registering Myself’ and fill out the form.
- Click ‘Next’ to add additional family members and choose the program right for you and your family (youth ages 0-12, teen ages 13-18 or adult ages 18+).
- Register for the 2021 Winter Reading Challenge.
Or through the App:
- Download the app from iTunes or Google Play on your mobile device.
- After opening up the app, search for your library (“Germantown Community Library”)
- Touch sign-up!
- Enter your email, phone, or library card number and create a password.
- Follow the prompts to complete the registration for you or your child and choose the program that is right for you and your family (youth ages 0-12, teen ages 13-18 or adult ages 18+).
- Touch ‘Add a Reader’ for additional family members.
- Touch ‘Challenges’ at the bottom of the screen and register for the 2021 Winter Reading Challenge.
Do I have to create a new account if I have participated in a previous Beanstack program?
- Nope! You can use an account you have already created.
- If you need assistance resetting your password, please see this link: https://zoobean.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012192373-Forgot-Password-How-to-reset-a-password-as-a-reader
When will prize winners be selected?
- There will be a random drawing from participants the week after the program is over. Please make sure the Library has a way to contact you if you are selected as a prize winner with a valid phone number or e-mail address! 🙂
Beanstack Terms to Know:
- Challenge Badge– Earned by registering and completing your reading program. They are not counted towards the completion requirement. They do earn you a ticket or entry to your program’s Grand Prize Drawing.
- Logging Badge– Earned by logging your reading.
- Review Badge – Earned by writing a book review. Reviews can be seen by other readers in their program only. Reviews are approved by library staff before they are live.
- Earned Badge– List of badges you have completed.
- Ticket Drawings – Readers earn a ticket for each completed badge and will be able to choose which prizes they want to enter their tickets in to try to win. The tickets are entries to their program’s prize drawings.