The 2018 Summer Reading Program is coming soon!! We will have our complete program list up by the end of APril. In the mean time, here is a list of our reading program dates and special performances.
- Babies up to kids going into 6th grade can sign up starting May 29 and turn in reading logs June 4 – September 1.
- Young adults going into 7th through 12th grade can sign up starting May 29 and turn in reading logs June 4 – September 1. Drawing for prizes will happen the first week of September.
- Adults 18+ can sign up starting May 29 and turn in reading logs June 4 – September 1. Drawing for prizes will happen the first week of September.
Thursday Youth Performers (10:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.)
- June 14 Mark Hayward – Awesome yo-yo tricks
- June 21 Sean Emery – Funny guy who juggles stuff
- June 28 Showing of Dispicable Me 3 & Character Meet and Greet with Yellow Helper & Daughter
- July 5 Soda Pups – Cute dogs doing tricks
- July 12 Gypsy Geoff – Juggling and comedy
- July 19 Schltz Audubon Nature Center – Raptor show
- July 26 Fox and Branch – Fun Music
- Aug 2 Showing of Moana & Character Meet and Greet with Wayfinding Princess & Mermaid Princess
Youth Special Programs
- June 4 Summer Reading Kick-Off Party @ 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- June 23 Storytime & Book Signing with Dionne Kelm @ 10:30 a.m.
- June 29 Field Trip to Storybook Gardens @ 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Registration required through Park & Rec)
- July 13 Storytime with Daniel Tiger
- July 21 Family Fun @ Horicon Marsh Education Center @ 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Aug 9 Summer Reading End of the Year Party @ 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Aug 22 Storytime & Book Signing with Ann Biese @ 10:30 a.m.
Adult & All Ages Special Programs
- June 6 Summer Reading Kick-Off Open House @ 4:00 – 5:45 p.m.
- June 6 Germantown Community Band Dixielanders Concert @ 6:00 p.m.
- June 27 Music of the Vietnam Era with Dave Ehlert @ 3:00 p.m.
- July 31 How to Raise Your Own Monarch Butterflies @ 6:00 p.m.
- Aug 8 Aromatherapy and Essential Oils @ 2:00 p.m.
- Aug 14 Memory Loss, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s Disease @ 3:00 p.m.
- Aug 21 Birding 101 @ Schoen Laufen Park @ 10:00 a.m.
- Aug 21 Introduction to Coding @ 11:00 a.m.
- Aug 21 Introduction to Coding at 6:00 p.m.
Thank you to our 2018 Summer Reading Program Sponsors!!!
- Express News
- Friends of the Germantown Community Library
- Germantown MOMS Club – West
- Germantown Park & Rec
- Marko’s Pizza
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Milwaukee Public Museum
- Milwaukee Wave
- Monarch Library System
- Pizza Hut
Does your business want to sponsor a program or contribute gift certificates or coupons? Please email Jackie Kolo @ firstname.lastname@example.org.