Reading Programs Available:
- Youth: Babies up to kids going into 6th grade can sign up starting June 10 and turn in reading logs until August 17 at the Youth Services Desk.
- Teens: Students Going into 7th – 12th grade can fill out a log for each book they read or listen to. Children’s titles in Spanish or German can also count towards this program. Each log is entered for a raffle drawing to win over 110 different gift cards and prizes from over 20 businesses.
- Adults: Anyone 18+ can fill out a log for each book they read or listen to. Each log is entered for a raffle drawing to win over 90 different gift cards and prizes from over 20 businesses. A bonus raffle ticket is also available by filling out a review form of a book published in 2018 or 2019 to win over $100 worth of gift cards & prizes!
Digital Copies of Reading Logs:
- 2019 Youth Reading Log #1 (complete 1 time)
- 2019 Youth Reading Log #2 (complete 1 time)
- 2019 Youth Reading Log #3 (complete 1 time)
- 2019 Youth Reading Log #4 (complete 1 time)
- 2019 Teen Reading Log
- 2019 Adult Reading Log
Special Programs for Children & Families (details here):
- Summer Reading Kick-Off Party @ Fireman’s Park: Saturday, June 15 @ 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Space Activities: Monday, June 24 @ 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Family Fun @ Horicon Marsh: Saturday, June 29 @ 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- STEAM in Space Activities: Monday, July 22 @ 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- DIY Drive-in Movie: Saturday, July 27 @ 10:30 a.m.
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover (Space Edition): Friday, August 16 @ 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 5:00 p.m.
Special Programs for Teens (details here):
- Battle of the Books: June 17 – July 26
- Film Maker’s Club: June 19 – July 24
- Teen Bob Ross Night: Thursday, July 18 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Rock Your Locker: Tuesday, August 13 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Volunteer opportunities also available for student in 9th grade & up
Special Programs for Adults & All Ages (details here):
- World War I Traveling Exhibit on Display: May 30 – June 14
- Beyond the Trenches: Wednesday, June 5 @ 7:00 p.m.
- The Essential Houdini: Monday, June 10 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Wisconsin Wildlife: Wednesday, June 12 @ 10:30 a.m.
- Introduction to Meditation, pt. 1: Wednesday, June 26 @ 3:00 p.m.
- Giant Steps & Apollo 11: Thursday, July 11 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Introduction to Meditation, pt. 1: Wednesday, July 26 @ 3:00 p.m.
- 10 Warning Signs for Alzheimer’s: Tuesday, July 30 @ 3:00 p.m.
- Crochet & Knit-a-Thon: Saturday, August 3 @ 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Basics of Canning: Wednesday, August 7 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Natural Choices for Energy: Wednesday, August 21 @ 3:00 p.m.
- Understanding Dementia Behavior: Wednesday, August 28 @ 3:00 p.m.
Thank You to Our 2019 Sponsors:
- Comedy Sportz
- Cousin Subs
- Domino’s Pizza
- Fleet Farm
- Friends of the Germantown Community Library
- Green Bay Packers
- Just for Fun
- Just Kiln’ Time
- Kettle Hills
- Kwik Trip
- Medieval Times
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Milwaukee Milkman Baseball
- Milwaukee Public Museum
- Milwaukee Wave
- Monarch Library System
- Old World Wisconsin
- Ozaukee Skateland
- Pizza Ranch
- Robert’s Frozen Custard
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park
- Springs Water Park
- Swing Time Germantown
- Texas Roadhouse
- Wisconsin State Fair
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Jackie Kolo at germantownlibrarywi.org or view our 2019 Summer Donation Letter